Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15 Laptop HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop start acting up yesterday, at first it looked normal and booting then after it says that the system did not shutdown cleanly and start cleaning the cache, after that its stuck on preparing automatic repair and not booting, I tried the videos on youtube and did a diagnostic test on my hard drive the all passed, but the Hard drive Optimized DST Check says Not Available resulting a “Cancelled” result, can someone help me?

ps. I already tried every video on youtube but my laptop get stuck when it need to boot.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ferrerons

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1: Perform a hard reset (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
  • Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings
  • Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
  • Step 4: Reseat the hard drive
  • Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463 to complete the troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.