Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 17-by0087cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all.

I have a HP Notebook - 17-by0087cl with a 2 TB HDD space and a secondary 16GB Intel Optane and I'm currently having problems installing Windows.

When opening BIOS, I can see both of them are showing just fine, but when selecting install location, I can only select the 16GB optane memory.

I already tried to swap HDDs, but the same thing happens.

I have no means to enter Windows because the system got corrupted and I formatted the whole disk already.

All the Hard Drives works normally if plugged in another PC as an external HDD.

I suppose it something to do with RAID volumes, butI have zero experience in this field, so detailed procedures are very welcome.

Photos for reference are attached below.

image (1).jpegimage (2).jpegimage (3).jpegimage (4).jpegimage (5).jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to either use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook...see the link below.

Computadores do consumidor HP - Uso do HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | Suporte ao cliente H...

Or see if this info is of help to you doing a clean install of W10...

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

How to install Windows 10 when Intel Optane is installed on your CyberPowerPC system? – CyberPowerPC...

If you need to load the Intel RST driver, I have zipped up and attached the one you need below.

Unzip the file, put it on a USB flash drive and browse to the driver file when you select the Load Driver option in your screen shot that shows no hard drive present.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to either use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook...see the link below.

Computadores do consumidor HP - Uso do HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | Suporte ao cliente H...

Or see if this info is of help to you doing a clean install of W10...

HP PCs - Installing and Using Intel Optane | HP® Customer Support

How to install Windows 10 when Intel Optane is installed on your CyberPowerPC system? – CyberPowerPC...

If you need to load the Intel RST driver, I have zipped up and attached the one you need below.

Unzip the file, put it on a USB flash drive and browse to the driver file when you select the Load Driver option in your screen shot that shows no hard drive present.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

HP Recommended

Installing the driver for Intel RST did the trick. I tried that once, but apparently I did something wrong, because the file never became listed as a valid driver. Now all the storage options are showing as it should.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.