Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I forgot the bios password for my HP Notebook 15 . After the 3rd try I got and the following error  { I 68865345}. Is there a code to bypass it or a jumper to wipe it?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @mabumaster

Reboot and enter   55438870   or   77743981

REO

HP Recommended

Unfortunately those codes didn't work. Would you happen to have another set of numbers to try. 

HP Recommended

Sorry @mabumaster my bad:

Reboot and enter   55438700

REO

HP Recommended

Again that code didn't work either. Every time the 3rd try I get a message 'System Disabled with a new error code (I 682625291)

HP Recommended

@mabumaster

That last code you gave is 9 numbers should be 8???

Is there an   i   or    at the beginning of your code???

REO

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply, the error starts with a ( i) as in igloo. 

The code that I just got is ( i 68262591)

I don't recall ever setting up a password to the bios and I'm the admin on this thing. 

HP Recommended

@mabumaster

Reboot and enter   55833934

REO

HP Recommended

Once again thst new code also didn't work? Once I do the 3rd try do just leave it alone until I get a code? I ask because every time I get an error it's always a new code. 

So, this time my new code is ( i. 682  625.91 ) 

HP Recommended

@mabumaster

Try   77140517

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.