Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-d000 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to open the Bio's all it gives me is a black screen but the back light is working. it can't or won't go into the Bios Settings. Does anyone know how to fix this or to reset it? if you do any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ScottBeebe81 Welcome to HP Forums Community!

Have you updated the BIOS in the recent past?

I suggest you attempt a BIOS recovery to resolve bios related issues using the below steps:

Step 1: Recover the last working BIOS version

Perform a series of keyboard presses to launch an automatic BIOS recovery. This option is available for many HP computers with a functioning hard drive.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.