Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-30-2022 07:51 AM
I have another machine which is driving me crazy. I exchanged the HDD to a SDD and wanted to install a clean Windows 10 but the stick which did great work earlier on another machine only produces image interferences again. Somebody gave me the advice to update the BIOS on the machine and it worked fine on another computer.
But this machine is really crazy.
I don't have the possiblity to update the BIOS via Windows!
I downloaded the BIOS File and executed it. I created an USB Flash Drive to update the BIOS but this doesn't work at all. I won't be able to boot from this stick.
I downloaded HP Hardware diagnostics and started it like it has to be started but the Firmware-Button is missing!!!
To be honest, either I'm pretty dumb or I am getting crazy.
Could please somebody help me with a step by step guide to update the BIOS? PLEASE??
07-05-2022 03:13 AM - edited 07-05-2022 03:17 AM
Hello @Oliver75 (again)
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ...
(1) Get BIOS file
HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)
|F.14 Rev.A||13.8 MB||Jun 26, 2020||Download|
(2) Create multiple bootable USB flash drives on any windows 10/11 machine you have
- use different types ( usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 ) !
- ! Please do not forget !
(3) Go to machine HP 17-ak044ng
- Connect usb flash drive
- Turn on the computer and immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens
- Press F9 to open the Boot Device Options menu.
- Use the up or down arrow key to select the [usb flash drive]. Then press Enter. The Bios will be updated
Please report your results
Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and
make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️
Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.
Thank you very much
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community