Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2760p

Hello!

I've been having this grey screen that pops up and says my battery is no good, can someone instruct me on how to disable this notification at boot-time? I can't afford a new battery otherwise I would buy a new battery and see if that solved the issue. I have to save what little money I can get for food and day-to-day living. This laptop is no longer supported by HP so I'm really hoping someone out there has a trick up their sleave, a hack maybe, bios tweak? I don't know. Thanks so much if you can help.

I've tried running the BIOS (F2) diagnostics, it just checks RAM and Hard-Drive it doesn't check the battery and there is no callibration for the battery that I can find.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Remove the bad battery and you will not get the warning any more. 

HP Recommended

The battery still works. I've done a drain test on it, it lasted a few hours before dying. I just need to remove the warning/notification from showing up but don't know how.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.