Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 820 G3

The laptop doesn't boot up anymore. It has drain the battery while on sleep mode and now, when I connect the power cable the charging light turns on white but then it blinks 3 times in orange and the sequence restarts again. I can not start laptop and I don't see any image. I have tried to remove all the possible HW, switch with working RAM modules and nvm2 SSD. I also tried to remove the internal battery for "restart" the BIOS but any of this helps.

I also tried to charge the laptop during a couple of days with either the original dock-station and the original charger and with other chargers but same result.

Can someone give some light?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry to tell you this, but with some laptops, when the battery dies, the laptop simply will not start anymore, even with a charger connected, until you replace the battery.  Sounds like this is what is happening to yyou.

You need to go online and using the part number printed on the battery, see about buying a replacement.

But be advised, this might NOT fix it because the charging circuit in the laptop might also have gone bad and you won't know that until you put a new battery in it, one that is not fully charged, and notice that it does not charge up to the full level.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood,

I replaced the battery with one brand new and the problem is still there. As you say, looks like the power circuit of the motherboard is dead. I wish I could find the motherboard schematics so I can look at what component is broken and replace it 

HP Recommended

HP does not manufacture their motherboards; instead, they pay others to do that -- and the schematics are considered proprietary information, so they do not release them to the public.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.