Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I do have my good older Laptop on the table, HP Elitebook 850 G5 with i7 (32GB Ram, 512 GB SSD). Win11 Pro is installed.

It worked fine and even battery power was still good for about 3 hours without external power supply.

I try to start the Laptop now and it is completely dead.

No LEDs on the front

No LED when I plug in the external power connecter

I did hold the ON/OFF switch up till a minute, no cure

I did unplug the battery, same time I did unplug the CMOS Battery and connected all again, no cure

I did also remove all Memory modules, SSD and then pluged in again, no cure

I tried another power supply, no cure

The Laptop never fell down, no cracks in the screen.

Is a fuse gone somewhere on the mainboard? Any secret buttons to hit, how can I track the problem?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the very same thing happening to my EliteBook 850 G5, not even a year old, always handled with care. Would be curious about any pointers on how to track this down.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.