Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I bought HP Envy laptop few months ago and its hibernate function is not working properly, which is causing lot of issue as I have to either restart the laptop or completely shut it down. Hibernate function works ok for sometime then after that it didn't work, if i press hibernate mode from power option black screen comes after that it shows me the login screen and laptop did not go into hibernate mode, same thing happen if I close my laptop lid. So, i have to either restart the laptop and completely shut it down. After this works again for sometime then same issue happens. I have reset the power setting to default as well, does not makes any difference. Can you pls advise what can be issue and what steps I can do to solve this. 

ZZZ27_0-1656676494060.png

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) of your notebook !

You will find this information on the back of your notebook printed in small alphanumeric letters.

The product number (p/n) is legally allowed information, just about the computer, no sensitive data.

It is allowed to post in public, no problem.

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thanks for your message.

As requested, here is the product number: 277V9EA#ABU.

Thanks

HP Recommended

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.24 Rev.A17.4 MBApr 18, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Install drivers

Intel Dynamic Tuning Driver 

8.7.10201.13396 Rev.C8.0 MBDec 31, 2020Download

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver

2023.15.0.1249 Rev.C17.4 MBDec 31, 2020Download

Intel Serial IO Driver

30.100.2010.1 Rev.C1.2 MBDec 31, 2020Download

(3) Reboot and test again ...

HP Recommended

Was the problem solved by the update ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.