cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
MichaelScottMM
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy locking up when using any browser

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been struggling with frequent lockup issues related to any browser use. I thought reinstalling Win10 could fix the problem. I did a 'Reset' and it was supposed to wipe my drive and apps clean but it left quite a bit of stuff that turned out to be ok. So, I start installing work related software. Visual Studio, and SQL Server. All is well. no crashing lockups requiring a reboot. Then, I installed Spotify to listen to some music and the lockup's recurred! I haven't used Spotify since, listening to my local music instead and I haven't had a lockup since dropping Spotify. There is something about Spotify with browsers open that causes this horrible lockup condition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,962 2,158
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MichaelScottMM

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is locking up when you use Spotify on the browser.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Have you tried using the Spotify app?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
MichaelScottMM
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I should have also noted that I have a Samsung 27" HDMI monitor connection to the laptop which could play a role.

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,962 2,158
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MichaelScottMM

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is locking up when you use Spotify on the browser.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Have you tried using the Spotify app?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation