Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot boot from usb drive with my ultrabook. I have disabled secure boot but still won't boot. I know th os on the usb is good because I booted from my other laptop that has windows 7. Please advice. Maybe when disabling secure boot it somehow is not saved. Please can you describe the needed steps to save my changes?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You really shouldn't need to disable secure boot to boot from usb. Immediately after powering on start tapping Esc key to halt booting and open a startup menu of choices. From there tap F9 Boot options and see if you can select the USB to boot from.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

When I change boot order and select my flash drive I get the message: "Selected boot image did not authenticate".

HP Recommended

Hi, I finally figured it out. Besides disabling secure boot, there is one more setting to change that's connected to the secure boot enable/disable setting, but, I just can't remember what it was exactly, because it's been a long time since I had fixed the problem. Boots just fine now with any linux distro.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.