Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15da1032nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, community

I was having some boot issues from the beginning when I purchased this laptop, it is about BOOT order,

-installed Windows10 on M.2 Drive

-installed Ubuntu 20.04 on HDD

after installing Ubuntu on HDD (i even removed M.2 Drive from the laptop before installation) I plugged the M.2 Drive again expecting two OS on different drives, but the first order of my boot list is (OS boot manager(UEFI) - ubuntu) and I cannot change the order of OS boot manager, more clearly:

IMG_20200606_113223~1.jpg

this happened even when the M.2 Drive was disconnected before the Ubuntu installation, my problem is I cannot change this order, and every time I start up my laptop I must enter the boot menu to choose windows, how can I change or remove the order?  BTW I can only change between USB or CD or OS boot manager to boot from, it won't change the order between the OS boot managers.

thanks for helping me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try to disable secure boot from bios setup and then change the OS boot order from os boot manager.

Then save the changes.

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try to disable secure boot from bios setup and then change the OS boot order from os boot manager.

Then save the changes.

Hope this will help.

HP Recommended

it works actually! thank you.

disabling secure-boot enabled "OS Manager" then I needed to enter it's sub-menu and change the order.

thank you very much 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.