Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 en1019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Got a brand new Omen 15 laptop a few days ago, installed Windows 10 onto it, seemed to work perfectly fine. Two days later, however, I noticed it took a very long time (roughly 6 minutes) to boot up and sometimes I had to manually turn it off and on to make any progress. It would boot fine if it wasn't shut down but set to hibernate, though.

Today when I booted the laptop, I was greeted with the same Omen startup screen, but it wouldn't ever reach the Windows login screen. It's just stuck on the Omen logo and doesn't boot into any system, be it on the built-in SSD or a LiveUSB.

The process goes as such: when booting the laptop, I can enter the BIOS and change its settings no problem, I did a hardware test on all the parts and it came up OK, but as soon as I continute the startup past the BIOS, be it leaving it as normal or specifically picking a bootable device from the boot menu, I am greeted with the Omen logo which quickly disappears, black screen for a bit, then the Omen logo again and so forth.

I did a BIOS reset with Win+B a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to have changed anything. Pretty sure I didn't install any third party drivers or anything other than what came up in the HP Assistant app or windows update.

Would love some help, I'm at my wits end here.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @GinaNightingale 

! Check your hardware first !

Do you have a smartphone or another computer to watch the youtube video while testing your probook?

That would be easier for you !

Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to diagnose hardware errors ...

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04499777

Watch how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM&ab_channel=HPSupport

Please report your results (pictures of hp diagnostics, error messages)

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply.

Below I've attached photos of the Diagnostics process, although it didn't give me any errors, saying all tests have passed.

Could be it's not a hardware issue.
photo_2022-07-02_10-42-58.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-43-16.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-43-27.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-43-48.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-44-00.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-44-09.jpgphoto_2022-07-02_10-44-21.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello @GinaNightingale 

Use HP cloud recovery tool !

Follow the instructions below ...

I quote what user Paul_Tikkanen wrote, changed the text color so it is clearer for you: "

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool on another Windows PC running Windows 7 64 bit or newer to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with the notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.  You will also need a 32 GB USB flash drive to create the recovery media with.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

You will need to supply the product number of the notebook to use the tool, so use this guide for how to find the product number of your notebook.

HP Notebook PCs - Finding your product name and number | HP® Customer Support

If you cannot find the product number, you can also use the Microsoft media creation tool to create a bootable W10 installation flash drive and clean install W10.  Make the 64-bit installation media.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media and when you get to the part of the installation that asks, 'Where do you want to install Windows,' delete every partition on the hard drive, leaving just one partition of unallocated space.

Click next and W10 will install.

Using the second method to install W10, will give you the most amount of net usable space after W10 has completed installing.

You will have to be diligent in making sure you do routine disk cleanups, and do not install a lot of programs.

"

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Since my laptop doesn't seem to be available for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, I'm guessing I'll have to create a bootable drive to reinstall Windows 10. However, I have already attempted doing so earlier, and I haven't been able to boot from a USB (or enter recovery mode for that matter) either. No matter which boot method I pick (built-in SSD, Recovery, USB), midway through the Omen logo appearing with the spinning circles, it goes away and the process repeats ad nauseum.

Am I missing something? What could be preventing me from booting from a liveUSB or any other bootable media?

HP Recommended

Hello @GinaNightingale 

Check BIOS:

- Disable secure boot  and check if usb boot is enabled

- Use boot menu to select your usb flash drive on bootup.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Tried with and without secureboot, boot from usb is on, still nothing I'm afraid.

HP Recommended

Hello @GinaNightingale 

Try:

- different usb flash drives ( usb type 2.0 and usb type 3.0 )

- try different usb ports

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

This USB was previously used to install a version of Windows and worked just fine. It's recognised as a bootable device by BIOS, but, much like with booting into recovery or the installed system, the boot process is interrupted a second or two in and then just keeps looping afterwards.

HP Recommended

Hello @GinaNightingale 

You wrote:

>Got a brand new Omen 15 laptop a few days ago

Recommendation and solution

In your case: Service is required !

You should have it serviced by HP Support ( Technician )

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.