Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 1000-1401 AU notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Some days before , my hard drive disc was not functioning properly, because i switched off the power to my notebook from the main switch by disconnecting the power cord inadvertently. At that time, HP PC Hardware diagnostics tools (UEFI) showed failed result when i took hard drive short and long DST check test several times. Thereafter, i managed to repair hard drive from command prompt commands. Now it is working properly.

But HP PC Hardware diagnostics tools still shows failed results when i took hard drive short and long DST check several times

Now how to remove this error? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Even if you manage to make the drive work, most likely the drive has hardware damage which is still present.

The best idea would be to replace the drive and reinstall the OS or at least have an external backup of your important data.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Even if you manage to make the drive work, most likely the drive has hardware damage which is still present.

The best idea would be to replace the drive and reinstall the OS or at least have an external backup of your important data.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you mean i  require to purchase new hard drive and replace it in the place of old hard drive?

HP Recommended

Yes, you will need to replace the drive with a 2.5" SATA3 HDD or SSD.

Take care,

David

HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all, I  reset my PC with OS (windows 8     )by removing all my personal files and applications. Thereafter I refreshed my PC without removing my personal files and applications. Then I reinstalled OS(windows 10). Now HP PC Hardware  diagnostics tool (UEFI) does not show me 'Failed' result for hard drive short and long disk self test check.   

Now, I need not have to purchase new hard drive.

Your remedy of reinstalling OS worked out favorably. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.