Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-eh00032nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My new HP Pavilion 15-eh0032nw with AMD Ryzen 4500U APU cannot work with Hyper-V  enabled in Windows. Once the Hyper-V is enabled and the SVM/AMD-V (Virtualization extensions) is enabled in BIOS, the PC boot loops. After some digging it seems to be a common problem with HP notebooks and AMD APUs which usually can be solved via disabling the IOMMU and/or Legacy Mode Support in the Secure Boot in the BIOS/UEFI. However in my notebook there are no configuration options besides simple on/off switch for virtualization.
This happens on the Win10 20H1/20H2/21H1 and now also on the Win11 21H2 (build 22000.282)
This is a shame that in 2021 we have a brand new PCs which cannot work with virtualization extensions with the very system they've been bundled with...

Can anyone suggest some workarounds for this issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just posted about the solution to a similar problem with model 15z-Eh000 CTO here: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Enable-Virtual-Machine-Platform-causes-BSOD-l...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I just posted about the solution to a similar problem with model 15z-Eh000 CTO here: 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Enable-Virtual-Machine-Platform-causes-BSOD-l...

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I knew that sometimes Realtek drivers are the cause of the problem and I've tried various version for my BT/WiFi card I could find. It didn't occur to me that the card reader is also from the Realtek...

I didn't have to reinstall windows. Update of the card reader drivers was enough to stop me from boot looping.

Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

That's great!  Glad it helped.

Good info that you only needed to install the driver.  I'd been experimenting with various drivers and changes for weeks so by that point my config was a mess.  I'll add a note on the original thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.