Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion was working just fine. Only issue I was waiting for a new fan to arrove, however I have a super 6 fan external cooling fan and another one that hooked into where the fan blows out that this one actually pulls the hot air out. So it was not overheating at all .

Here's my issue. I had it my our families farm hooked up to the power in a camper; it's direct wired to the power pole with a breaker and then hooked into the converter. I had forgotten to turn off my laptop and it went into sleep mode.. My son pushed the power button to turn it totally off and packed it away in it's bag. Where it stayed for about a week at least. I went to use it and hooked up the power cord, pushed the power button. And nothing at all happened.. No power light at the port on my laptop, no sounds, nothing...  

I have tried removing the battery and plugging back in and still nothing. I have pulled my poor Herbie apart to look at the charger port, no damage to it, no damage to the mother board, no damage to HD, to DVD, or anything else that I see.  I have tried using my daughters HP cord, my sons HP cord and I got nothing at all... Anyone have any ideas for what could be the issue, or what am I missing... HELP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you attach the ac adapter, does the charging led come on?

Have you tried turning on without battery, with only ac adapter?

Have  you left it charging for at least 10 minutes or so?

Try performing a power reset. Here you can see how to do this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

Let me know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.