Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

It loads the stick for a few seconds , same with the hard drive.  But when it gets near the point of it actually getting to the login screen or the past the windows logo than it freezes . 

HP Recommended

If this was just a Windows USB stick issue, my guess would be that Windows is scanning the internal drive in prep for installation and is freezing because the internal drive filesystem is corrupted.  But with Linux distros, especially Ubuntu, since you can run in Live mode, I don't think it scans the internal drive until you choose the option to install.  So in that case, internal drive corruption would not prevent you booting from the USB stick.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

There is one thing I haven't tried instead of updating the bios . I just thought of this , but maybe if I download the drivers from the website for the computer using the other computer . And putting them in the system32/driver folder 

HP Recommended

HP drivers are distributed in files know as softpaqs -- which are self-extracting archives.  Just download them to a USB stick, copy them to this PC, and run them by double-clicking them.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Fixed it finally .... silly issue i was havng is that i was using my other ram sticks from another computer.  They fit . But they whernt quite right ... make sure to have a pc3-10600 ddr3 ram.   Because it will cause issues . But thank you so much for all your help on this . 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.