Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Pavilion G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop randomly shuts down after anywhere from a couple of minutes to 10 minutes after booting into Windows 10 - it just cuts off.  I can immediately reboot, although it will shut down a little later.

I can enter the BIOS and run tests for hours with no issue.  I installed a temp program to monitor the CPU temps and it doesn't get above 80 degrees Celsius (usually around 55).  The fan seems to be working correctly and there is no dust accumulation. 

I did have a bad RAM, which I replaced, and the issue continues.  I've also reset the BIOS and it's fully updated with the latest BIOS and Windows updates.  I reinstalled Windows and there are no viruses or even that many programs running on it.

I've tried with the battery in and out and have the same issue.  The only issue I can imagine is a bad power cord.  Is that something that would cause random shut downs?  If not that, what should I check next?  Please help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.