Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0056wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In November of 2018, I purchased an HP Gaming Pavillion - 15-cx0056wm laptop. It worked alright for the first couple a months, a bit of lag here and there with certain video games, but it was nothing I thought was a big deal and was likely just caused by the games itself. However, I am now a little over a month out of warranty and my laptop has suddenly developed multiple problems. First, I cannot open any video games on it, even games with very minimal requirements. The errors always state that the drivers are out of date. So, I go through and update every single driver individually (according to info provided on the HP website, as well as device manager searches), make sure the laptop itself is entirely up to date, and then try to open a game. Once again, the laptop tells me my drivers are out of date. So, I uninstall the games and try to reinstall. My laptop crashes and when it begins to boot up again, it says that my CMOS battery is low. I have only owned this computer for a little over a year now and somehow the CMOS battery is almost dead? My computer was set back to factory settings and says it is November of last year again, the date when I got the computer. I go through the entire process of logging into my Microsoft account, fixing all my settings, and trying to install the games again. It crashes once again. I am a first year computer science major and I try to take good care of my technology, my other HP products have lasted for years, so I don't know what caused this or how to fix it, especially since I am out of warranty. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, in effect it would not be normal if your CMOS battery is dead after 1 year, and I don't know what you can boot Windows and not play games if it is just a CMOS battery problem.. 

I recommend to you execute an hardware test in your computer. For this, restart your computer by tapping F2 when it is been down for restart. You come in HP Hardware Diagnostic Interface and can execute all tests. If you have a fail please tell us. 

For more information about HP Hardware Diagnostics please see this: 
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.