Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name: Probook 450 G4

Product number: W7CB9AV

My laptop doesn't boot up when I press the power button. Even the HP logo screen doesn't come up and fans don't start either. Sometimes power button light and caps lock key light come up but still doesn't boot.

Sometimes when I do hard reset (press and hold power button for ~15 sec) next the laptop boots up but gives a POST error code 005. And sometimes after getting it to boot up and working in windows, it restarts again automatically and gives the same error.

The system time is invalid. This may be a result if a loss in battery power.

Set the correct time and date using your operating system. If this message perists,

you may need to replace the onboard battery.

Real-Time Clock Powerloss (005)

Capture.PNG

POST error after hard resetPOST error after hard reset

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The system time is invalid. This may be a result if a loss in battery power.

Set the correct time and date using your operating system. If this message perists,

you may need to replace the onboard battery.

In Windows, what happens if you click the "clock" at the bottom-right of the screen, and then manually change the date & time & timezone settings?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.