Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6475b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I've bought a HP Probook 6475b and the BIOS is locked with admin password. I cant access the BIOS or update it.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I would return it and demand my money back, unless the seller can provide the BIOS admin password.

The HP Rules of Participation:were amended on 1 March 2019 in the document at the following link
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage

Rule 4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

The official response as we were informed is:

Power On / BIOS Password

• HP does not capture or retain any BIOS password data, so hp cannot recover your local BIOS Password
    • HP can remove the Password via a service of the Notebook
    • You can contact HP Support to set this up. Options vary depending on location and warranty status (Service fee may apply)

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The seller doesn't know the password and the cost for me to return the laptop is very hight.

In the past I had same issue with other HP laptop and from HP support they gave me a file to flash the bios, this has solved the problem (to do that I have send the F1 info and the receipt of the laptop).

Is there a similar procedure now?

HP Recommended

OK.

You will need to contact HP directly once you have registered the notebook online and verified the warranty is active. Only an official HP representative can help you with this.

As I said in my previous post, HP has set in place new policies that I and you must adhere to as members of the Forum. The old policies have changed regarding anything involving security.

Here is some HP Support contact information.

Warranty check

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for the answer.

The laptops warranty has ended, it's an old laptop. I will have to live with the locket bios, there is nothing else I could to!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.