Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre Pro X360 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop doesnt boot up. only the F5 lED and the Caps Lock is illuminated. But when i start the laptop using Windows Key + B as bios recovery, the laptop shows bios updating and then boots up normally. Even win + V works and shows cmos reset and boots the system. If i restart the laptop during normal operation, the machine restarts without any problem. but after a shutdown for about half an hour the problem persists. Updated Bios to latest version available on Hp Support, but nothing changed. Could the CMOS battery be the culprit ( But the time and other setting remain uneffected)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

i figured out that the CMOS batteries are things of past. This model has got cmos powered by the main battery. tried resetting the CMOS by disconnecting the battery, it did reset the Cmos, the laptop did boot but after shut down the problem comes back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.