Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Did you resolve the problem? I'm facing something very similar. The screen just goes black (it's still backlit) and the system is completely unresponsive. It's become impossible to work. 

HP Recommended

Now running newest version of Windows 10 (v1803) along with a certain Intel GPU driver that has seemed to mostly work.  Although, i'm not certain my issue was identical to what you are describing, as I never really experienced the black screen -- i was just getting constant and sporadic lockups rendering the machine unusable.  It's been maddening.  Best of luck, find a driver from HP's support site and keep guessing and checking until you get one that works for you.

HP Recommended

I disabled the panel self refresh for battery as noted, but my HP spectre X360 does not show this setting for plugged in, No settings are shown. Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

If you go to the Intel website you can now find a Driver Update tool, after installation it'll load a page in your default browser and scan your entire laptop for which (Intel) drivers are available to be updated. I've found this to work excellently, much to my dismay.

Using it on both desktop (i7-7700K with ASUS motherboard, and onboard Intel 630 GPU) as well as my BestBuy 15" HP Spectre x360, the exact model number is on the first page of this thread, but it's resolved my video driver issues which I believe were causing the sporadic freezing issues that there's a dozen threads going, all reporting variants of the same behavior, with suggestions to turn WiFi settings to fill power mode, to some Intel panel nonsense. For me, changing the version of video driver was the resolution from the start, but with so many posts all giving different advice, it's difficult to know what path to follow.

Lately I've got issues with audio kicking in and out, but that's off topic and requires a post of its own. 

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.