Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 4000 series (2015)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Unfortunately my daughters x360 motherboard failed due to the motherboard power issue (just gone dead, no leds or anything)  Any support from HP would be greatly appreciated.   It was gift for college 3 years ago.    Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you don't get any response from HP here the best I can offer IF you are in the US is a service that several people have reported using with success over the last year or two.

https://www.ebay.com/str/computerspartsrus?_pgn=2

This guy maintains a 100% positive feedback rating which is impressive when dealing with electronics. If you decide to use the service and can't find your specific model just choose any Spectre and contact him. He says he will create a listing if he doesn't have one for a specific model.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thankyou CG, I actually contacted them yesterday. I had followed a thread and yes they looked a very good option,  I am in the UK and albeit their details indicated they shipped internationally, they indicated that was not the case (I have asked them to consider, but have not had a reply yet) On searching, I can't seem to find a similar service. I do have a number of friends in the US and as the last option, I may ask if I can send via them (I don't really want to burden people).

Like everyone with this issue, I do think HP should take more ownership, but I doubt that will happen. The fault is identical to all the other posts and pics (burnt component under the MB label. I'm hoping HP will come back with some help!!

Again Thankyou for your post, very much appreciated

T

HP Recommended

@tyrel9000

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information such as serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thankyou Rick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.