Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all,

Since upgrading my laptop from Windows 10 to 11 my laptop started running into intermittent BSOD errors (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED), followed by a "No Boot Device Found (3F0)" error by HP upon restarting. This especially happens when the laptop is being moved around (i.e. between rooms) whilst still on, or also when powering on from Hibernation mode. I am able to get it booted up after some time, but thereafter the problem will recur again and I think that it is only going to get worse

Steps done so far:

0. Full file backup completed

1. Disabled Hibernation filter

2. System restored to a point just after the OS upgrade

3. CHKDSK and SFC revealed no errors

4. Boot time antivirus scan revealed no malware or viruses

5. Resetting BIOS settings to default sometimes helps but the BSOD and CF0 error will pop up again after a few times

6. Currently checking system logs using Event Viewer for any unusual events before/after each BSOD (I have rescued these logs but am still trying to sieve through them)

What should be my next steps to troubleshoot this problem? And is there a connection with this problem to Windows 11?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.