11-30-2019 10:16 PM
Was using my laptop the other night, left it alone for a while, and came back to a problem. The computer, whether plugged in or not, seems to get stuck on the start up. The LED power light on the left will turn on, then the screen lights up (without any logos or color - simply looks like it has power behind it), then the screen proceeds to go completely black again, the LED light on the power button turns off - and then this whole cycle gets repeated. Every once in a while, the LED button on the CAPS Lock button will turn on.
Product # is T6T09UA.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
12-03-2019 11:49 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 ( refer to Reset a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery )
Next step, BIOS default: (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee