Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 ac0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer keeps freezing. I can shut it off breifly and it will work smoothly for a few minutes, but starts freezing again after a few minuts of use.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

When you say freezing- is it momentary freezes or the laptop locks up completely?

If it is momentary freezes the thread here has some useful info which may help. Seems disabling Screen Refresh under Power setting  in the intel Graphics Control Panel solved it .Poster still testing:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Spectre-x360-15-bl112dx-Random-Freezing/m-...

Many of the users in the reddit link didn't have the Intel Control Panel with stock Intel graphics driver but it should be available in your Spectre. Right click desktop-choose Intel Grapics settings. Look for Power in the control panel.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

This solution worked on my HP Spectre X360, which had become exceedingly frustrating to use because of the momentary freezeups that increased in frequency the longer I used the computer. It also fixed two other issues I have had: 1/ unpredictable scrolling and 2/ what I labeled as the angry fan mode. Now, the computer scrolls smoothly and predictably with the trackpad, and it does not become uncomfortably warm during use. I bet battery life increases now that the "angry fan" issue has been resolved. I admit I do not know the downside to this fix. So far, I have not detected any.

HP Recommended

I have the same question but it's not momentary. It freezes a few minutes after startup and my only option is to power off/on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.