Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, CherylG:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I had installed th "Intel Chipset Installation Utility & Driver", but I missed the fact that there were other drivers listed under it. I added them in, one by one and did a restart between each driver. After installing "Intel Serial IO Driver Without Connected Standby Support", THE CLICKPAD WORKED!!!  I did a follow-up check in Device Manager and look at what I saw:

Device Manager Snip2PNG.jpg

The Synaptics HID TouchPad is there and there is only one (1) "Unknown device".  I have no idea what it is or what could be missing, but as of right now, I don't care what it is!  The major components are working and the Stream is no longer a paper weight! 🙂

Kudos to you for being knowledgeable, patient and persistent as you walked me through the problem: you get multiple thumbs up and multiple "Accept as Solution"s to the problem.  Since this was a complicated problem with multiple solutions, I'll edit the initial query with an update directing all to READ THE ENTIRE THREAD before trying any fix.

You're the best!!!

WB_in_MD

HP Recommended

Same issue HP Stream -11y010nr.  Hardware checks out OK.  Reset attempt causes error. Created new USB drive boot for W10 install, starts to load and then asks where to save and says not enough memory in defauly partion default and wont allow other partitions to be used.  What now?

HP Recommended

Can anyone help me out, I have a Stream 11 and I just get a black screen (and the power led lit next to the charging port).  Just came back from a long western trip and I really want the pictures that are on the computer, any ideas??   DESPERATE!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.