Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 14-ax000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I posted this before, almost 12 hours ago, it seems to have vanished.

Got a friends stream laptop here, on start up it says:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

I've tried F2 and Storage Test/Quick Check

It says starting test then goes back to the diagnostic selection screen without runnign it.

It does the same for Extensive Check.

I've tries bios defaults, still the same

I've tried Legacy Support in Bios/Boot Options, still the same.

I tried booting from a usb drive with Windows 10 setup files ( I used the same one for my own pc 2 weeks ago),

itd oesn't find a hard drive to install it to.

I tried the above in UEFI and Legacy mode, nothing to install to using any option.

Now this laptop is still under warranty until 12th May 2018, it was bought from Argos (UK).

My friend has been in touch with Argos and they told him they need some kind of support/warranty number from HP before they can do anything.

He's not very good at relaying things, so I'm not 100% sure what they are asking for.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

bump...

HP Recommended

@Ibcus

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I came across your post and would like to help. 

I understand that you have your friends HP Stream 14-ax000 Laptop and it does not boot to Windows. The hard drive test does not run. The laptop says please install an operating system on your hard disk - Hard Disk (3F0). Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

The evidence points that either the hard drive has failed or the hard drive's connection to the motherboard is not good. Hence you may contact our HP phone support team to explore the available service options under the warranty for your laptop. 

If required, you may have Argos contact our phone support and obtain the warranty information for the laptop. 

Hope this information helps. Keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply.

I gave the laptop back a few days ago, just phoned my friend and he he told me he has been on the phone to support. They ran through some diagnostics with him on the phone.

They are picking it up today for repair.
HP Recommended

@Ibcus

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad that laptop is being picked up for a repair.

However, please feel free to reach out to us for any further assistance. 

It is an honor to share this platform with you. Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.