Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 1.6GHz i5-8250U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My newly bought laptop from time to time just shuts down (standby) without any confirmation. When booting it up again, a warning is shown in the BIOS (HP Sure Run), that the BIOS has been harmed and was now restored. This happens especially often, when I  come out of the Windows 10 hibernation mode. It is frustrating, because it started happening directly in the beginning (the laptop is definitely not compromised by anything installed by me).

The HP Client Security Manager shows in the logs only the following message:

An application associated with HP Client Security Manager was unable to be restarted.
HP Client Security Manager, Process: DPAgent.exe

As I've seen online, DPAgent is used for the fingerprint sensor.

Is there a solution for this annoying problem? Is there a possibility to get rid of all the HP Sure stuff, except the finger print scanning for the startup?

System Security Issue has been detectedSystem Security Issue has been detected

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with my HP Elitte Book x360 1030 G4. I just bought it since 3 weeks and updated all the patches and it is still the same. HP Could you please help!

HP Recommended

I've started having the same problem with my Elitebook 850 G5 a month or so ago.  It just shuts down with no warning, and when I reboot it, I get the same message about "HP Sure Run".  I'm wondering if it's a bug in the Sure Run code?

HP Recommended

The issue has been resolved on my laptop after some time. I just waited and always updated the laptop with the newest updates via Windows Update. After some time it just didn't happen anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.