Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 15z-ds100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

My HP envy laptop screen suddenly stopped turning on. When I try to start it the power button lights up but I see nothing on the screen. So I dont see the hp or windows logo appear. Then the fan turns on loudly and it stays on indefinitely even though the laptop isn't heating up. I tried connecting to a monitor and nothing shows up there either. The caps lock button also wont light up. This issue appeared suddenly when I was away from my computer. It might have been due to a windows update. Please advise me on what to try next

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @KaiserRoll22 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

Follow the HP standard procedures:

(1https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj6kYmT7GLs

(2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

(3) Please report your results

In this video, you will see how to fix an HP laptop with a black screen. If you can hear the fans and hard drives when you turn on your laptop but the screen remains black, follow the steps in this video to try resetting the laptop. Learn how to check the video card, recover the BIOS, and reset ...
HP Recommended

I tried the solutions in the video and they didn't work. There is one strange thing I noticed. When I tried to turn on the laptop while holding the bios shortcut (Win +B) the laptop power light would quickly turn on and then turn off again. And this happened about 6 times until it stayed on. While this was happening I would hear the fan also turn on and then immediately off. Because of this I'm not sure if I was able to use the BIOS shortcut correctly 

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hello @KaiserRoll22 

(1) Download

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (AMD Processors)

F.07 Rev.A11.8 MBApr 6, 2021Download

(2Use another computer to create <USB flash drive>

(3BIOS Recovery Reinstall with USB

(4) Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.