Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP envy x360

Earlier this morning, I was using my laptop with no problems, and then I took it with me and back from class, and when I tried to use it again, it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in, and there was no battery light. My charger is working, because it worked for my roommate's laptop. I did some digging, and not even a hard reset helped.

I don't know what to do because this is the absolute worst timing since I have homework and tests coming up, and I can't do anything without my laptop. Not to mention I can't exactly go to a physical support area due to no transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you provide the exact model number of the PC?

Model number

You are sure the charger is working. When you press the power button there are no signs of life, no LEDs, no fans?

If the charging light is not coming on, you will probably need to bring to a technician who can check if the current is actually arriving to the motherboard.

You could try removing the battery and powering on only with ac adapter.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I looked on the back of my laptop and this is what it said. 

HP ENVY x360 model15m-ds0011dx

Hopefully that's the model number? But yes, my charger is working, and I had a spare to test with as well. No signs of LEDs or fans when I press the button, which I find... odd considering it was working just earlier. I'll try and take it to a technician unless it magically starts working overnight, but thank you a lot for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.