Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I could figure this out by replacing the RTC battery with a CR2016 and the CMOS Checksum bad error infinite cycle has gone.

(HP Mini 110-1190LA)

Greetings from Chile!!

HP Recommended

Since about two weeks, my netbook's start up time increased drastically. (HP mini 110-3100, it's 9 months old, windows 7 starter )

I use it for college, which means I need to be able to acces word quickly after startup, but right now, half of the time it gets stuck and reboots itself, which fails.

When my netbook reboots on its own accord, it shows the hp logo screen, but after that it says I should install windows.

I usually turn it off then, by holding the on/off button for a few secs, and then start it up again, after which it starts up slightly faster, or at least doesn't reboot itself again.

I've tried to shut down as many startup programs as possible via CCleaner, like adobe programs, but it doesn't seem to help.

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore..

HP Recommended

Thanks!! that was the problem after all. I broke the pc down to find out the problem and after all that was it. Thanks

I am talking about the blank SD adapter

HP Recommended

My daughter has given me here mini 110 because it doesn't work. It's only a year old, I think, and will only boot up into HP QuickWeb. She's had enough; she's gone and bought an ipad. She has taken the advice of her older brother who claims that macs "just work". I've managed to get into the bios of this thing and scan the memory and hard drive. No problems were found. The bios shows that it thinks it still has Windows 7 Starter, but when it tries to start Windows, it just locks up to a black screen with a blinking dash in the upper left. I also found a place in the HP startup screen where I have told it to not to automatically try to start Windows. With HP QuickWeb, I can go to the internet, check my e-mail, watch Netflix even. But I can not type out a document, or even a note. No calculator, no Windows. I am suprised at how many people are having trouble with this thing. It's not a good sign.

HP Recommended

sigh... my mom's HP mini 110 also have startup problem...it's juz 8 months old man... i was helping her on FB game.Suddenly i felt weird why it running with so slow....even in game, internet nor booting... i restarted(manually switch off by button) 10 times i think, end up in BIOS(diagnose test).

Ran a test, result shown "no errors 😃 " but "NO HARD DRIVE FOUND =( " .. after i read all of the coomments here, i realized that HP MINI really a troublesome Netbook ><"

final decision is... send to repair 😃

HP Recommended

My wife has an HP Mini and it just refused to start up so I used its internal recovery partition to rewrite Windows 7 Starter over everything on the C: drive. It worked, sort of, but it seems to do stuff in the background and not let me click on anything like the start button. The only way I can jolt it into life is to do a Ctl. Alt. Del. (which does not always work) and then close it and then it works for another minute or so. Now, however, it just will not start at all - I just get the little scrolling left to right indicator and it does nothing.

Seeing these other people with the same sort of problem suggests that some critical part has failed (maybe a dodgy batch of something)... it would be nice (and appropraite) for HP to let us know what the problem might be and how we can get it fixed...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I had the same issue on a MINI 110c-1131ef, after disconnecting WLAN, touchpad and keyboard I could see the AMI spurious screen with the "CMOS checksum bad" message (only in video record). Then I found that you had already experienced this, and the clue was the same: internal webcam. I am guessing if HP have an answer to this problem and next time this occur what can be the solution to recover, CTRL + Fn ?  

Anyway, thanks for your report. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue as you with the hp screen being displayed with f9 and f10 options non responsive. after long periods of time the laptop would work and then all of a sudden it would go back to not booting.

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

After alot of reading and messing about with the laptop i put it down to a hardware issue. The piece of hardware at fault is infact the built in WEBCAM!! For some reason just about everyone with an hp mini is getting this issue so there seems to be some sort of widespread circuitry fault on the webcam circuit board.

The good news is its very easy to sort out. If you want to use the webcam on the laptop you will need to search online and get a replacement, it isnt hard to fit - just a little piece of plastic circuit board with a wire on it.

In my case,my partner never has used the webcam so she told me she didnt need it so just a simple case of disconecting the cable to stop power going to it.

How to do it - You need to pull open the glossy bezel around the screen as there are no screws holding it in place. Easiest way to do this-

1st. remove the battery.

2nd. Get a thin piece of rigid plastic that you can run around the edge of the laptop screen section to pop open the little clips holding it in place. I used a pick/plectrum for playing a guitar as its rigid and very thin, you should get the idea so find something that suits. Always use plastic as using metal may score the plastic and ruin the look of the laptop.

3rd. Start at the top of the screen and push the plastic into the little ridge where the glossy bezel around the lcd meets the top cover of the laptop - in other words the outer edge rim. you should find it will open up a bit and you then need to run the plastic tool around the rim forcing all the clips to pop open. You will hear clicking sounds, this is normal its just the clips opening. Do this all the way around and then along the bottom too where the battery is.

4th. You will find that the inner side of the glossy bezel which is nearest the lcd screen is held in place with long strips of very sticky double sided tape along the top and bottom edges. there are also short strips on each side. You need to gently pull the bezel back off of the sticky tape and you should then have enough room to disable/replace webcam.

5th. The webcam is at the top edge of the screen in the middle. Look for the lense. You will find 3 cables running along the top of the screen, 2 are to the wifi antenas at each side and 1 to webcam in middle. On mines there was a short grey cable with a white plastic moulded plug with a slip strip of clear plastic over it to protect the connection. This is what you want to disconnect. The little plug pulls out from the left side of the webcam and you gently pull the plug to the left and it will come off.

Ok. Job done - the laptop will now boot without any problems so just tuck the little plastic plug and cable in the gap where it was without pushing it back into the webcam connector OR get a replacement webcam pull the old one out, put new one in and reconnect the plug to the new webcam ( I cant confirm if the laptop boots or not with a different webcam as i simply disconected it and left it)

You  now want to get the glossy bezel back into position around the lcd screen. push down along the inner edge to get the sticky tape to hold it down and then simply press the outer edges together and the little clips will snap back into place. Once done put battery back in and boot up the laptop. Your laptop should now boot no problem.

The following link should help show how to remove the glossy bezel easily - it helped me out so thanks to the person who made the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUpR83su7k

HP Recommended

When I turn on my HP Mini, the LED's light up then it shuts down almost immediately.  I'm using A/C as the power source.  It happens so fast that nothing is displayed on the screen. 

HP Recommended

okay so you know when you turn off your computer with the button on the side and when you turn it back on it gives you a choice to go with safe mode or regularly. Well, when i hit start windows normally it brings me to do my password when i do it just takes me to a bluescreen with nothing on not one word whats happening?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.