12-05-2019 06:20 PM
This is little old HP Pavilion Laptop (HP pavilion dv5) , Its battery fully charged when I touch laptop Power button to start Laptop Its front touch all buttons ( like Quick Play, Sound, Volume, Player, WIfi) panel blinks once, and nothing happens,
But when I keep pressing power button multiple times after around 20 - 40 times then laptop boots, this is painful,
Any Idea which module (Front button panel or Battery charging or power module ) broken which causing this issue?
Thanks a lot.
12-09-2019 01:17 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee