Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Probook 640 G5
Linux

I tried to migrate a partition from my old laptop to my new probook from a linux live cd using dd.
In the middle I canceled the process and when I kept trying errors began to appear.
The last thing I did was to

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/nvme0n1 bs=500M count=1

tto the whole disk (SSD M2)
Now no operating system (Linux or Windows) recognizes the disk, the disk is not listed, it is as if it did not exist.
Even if I try to run `System Diagnostics` from the laptop's UEFI menu it gets stuck and never ends.

Any suggestion? Is my disk completely broken?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jjbenitez026 

I don't know WHAT you were trying to migrate -- but if you were attempting to move the OS from one PC to another, that is a licensing violation -- because the OS version that comes preloaded is licensed to the PC, not to the owner.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.