Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi ginovellie, great pictures, added to my colletion:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Bu9TKwADa4dk85UjV0TW9iQms

It's a faulty product and a design failure of HP, so ask HP to repair it and DO NOT pay for the repair yourself. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for the advice.
HP Recommended

We are now having the same issue with a Spectre X360 13-4005dx that we bought August 2015 for our son to take to college (ie, won't power up at all).  I sent a PM to Omar-E, as suggested in this forum, and got an email from HP instructing me to post to the forum for assistance.  Seems like there are many of us posting to the forum, but not much coming back from HP!  

I've already tried everything posted here for troubleshooting, to no avail.  I will be trying to reach HP via chat (can't understand the phone support people) and see if I get anywhere with that.  

Anyone have any other suggestions?

HP Recommended
If you have received a reply from hp saying they forwarded your request to the appropriate team, you're good. Make sure they know it's a thermal event. They just fixed mine, no charge.
HP Recommended
@ginovellie, some encouraging news, glad to hear HP are responding appropriately. What was the fix? Did they simply replace the board with the same version?

@audrox, keep us posted of your outcomes dealing with repair.
HP Recommended

MIne is out of warranty.  One of three in the family.  I have computer tech experience.  I took it apart and replaced the power connector.  Still no power.  I already have the unit apart.  Can I buy a replacement motherboard?  What is the cost for the part?

eric
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.