Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP x2 Chromebook
Chrome OS

My HP x2 chromebook seems to sometimes shutown (starts up fro scratch, sometimes have to hit the power button) after being asleep for a bit (with a full battery).  I haven't been able to figure out how long it has to be asleep before it will shutdown or if any specific scenario.  I've tried the diagnostics I could find on HP support for chromebook, but all reports good.  I haven't found any settings to tweak in this realm or any work arounds that help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ploveman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you updated Chrome OS or Updates?

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  ( disabling power options ) 

• Log onto your Chromebook
  • Click on your profile image in the bottom right corner of the screen The Settings window will open
  • Scroll down to the Device Section
  • Click on Power and change the options (when idle or lid closed)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It has happened occasionally since purchase so I don't think it's any extension or chromeos update

All power settings are set to sleep, not power down.

HP Recommended

@ploveman

Let's try power wash on this Chromebook and check.

• Sign out of your Chromebook.
  • Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
  • Select Restart.
  • In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
  • Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account. ...
  • Once you've reset your Chromebook:

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Powerwash did not resolve the problem.  Let it sleep and it went into a shutdown vs just sleeping

HP Recommended

@ploveman

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.