Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP530

I have an older HP530 laptop that was running Windows 8.1 as I recall. A friend “wiped/cleaned” the laptop (which was my husband’s) for me with the expectation that the operating system would still be there. But now it won’t boot up at all. 
Geek Squad told me I need a driver for a first generation Celeron M but I haven’t been able to find it online. Can anyone help me get my laptop running again?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Lburas 

Unfortunately, your friend is clearly Clueless -- as wiping a drive (which I am sure they did NOT do!) results in a completely BLANK drive -- and it goes without saying that such a drive would NOT have Windows, or anything else, still on it!

There are other folks here that might have links to Win8.1 install media, but I no longer have those.  If one of those folks comes along with such links, you might then be able to reinstall Windows on the laptop.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.