Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My laptop is a HP Pavilion Dv6 with BeatsAudio, the issue I’m having is when ever I start it up a error message pops up saying my hard drive disk has failed and every time I press the enter key, it restarts and takes me back to the main menu again. What should I do to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Anwong1234 

DV6s are really OLD laptops and if this still has the original drive, it is not surprising if it has finally failed.

You would have to replace the drive -- but even after you have done that, you will be in serious trouble because HP has not carried Recovery Media for your PC for some years now.

And since the DV6s came with Windows 7, and MS no longer provides that, I don't know where you can get Windows 7 to reinstall it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Anwong1234 

DV6s are really OLD laptops and if this still has the original drive, it is not surprising if it has finally failed.

You would have to replace the drive -- but even after you have done that, you will be in serious trouble because HP has not carried Recovery Media for your PC for some years now.

And since the DV6s came with Windows 7, and MS no longer provides that, I don't know where you can get Windows 7 to reinstall it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

So should I recycle my laptop at Best Buy?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.