Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-es0000 (268T5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The latest Windows Update for Windows 11 completely killed my HP Envy x360. It get's stuck at the bootup HP Logo and stays there. Sometimes, it will list the fault DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG. I've tried using a USB flash drive to boot the system at which point it doesn't recognize any drivers. When I try to load IRST Drivers, it gets stuck there. Anyone else having issues?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

I have the same problem! Any fixes??

HP Recommended

No fixes yet. I've spent a week with HP Support who walked me through using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool - didn't work; Microsoft Revovery - didn't work; and a preloaded Windows flash drive that I had to purchase from them for my computer that's still under warranty...and it didn't work. Beyond frustrating and evaluating next steps.

HP Recommended

I took my computer into Best Buy geek squad and after lots of diagnostics, found that my hard drive was corrupted. Had to replace hard drive and reinstall windows 10. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. I'm thinking that's probably what I will have to do eventually. 

HP Recommended

Any solutions?  I've run into this same problem.  Can boot using a USB, but when the Intel RST drivers are added to that USB, can no longer boot using it.

HP Recommended

Any update.  I have the same thing.  HP Envy x360 15-ed1047nr.  Stuck on HP logo screen.  Safe mode does not work, recovery mode wont work.  Any ideas??? 

HP Recommended

My Envy is still under warranty and since my son and I have both tried everything, That HP and Microsoft have told mé try. I  am trying to get HP to repair it or place it.i bought it banin the middle of January 8 only got to use it about three time before this happened. If you find a solution please let me know. 

HP Recommended

After a few days of working on this, I have managed to make some progress.  Adding details here so that it hopefully helps someone else. 

It seems that the update corrupted the partition table, creating a partition that was larger than the entire disk.  I was able to recover my files by removing the M2 disk, and using file recovery software on another computer.  

Next, I had to recreate the partition table on the drive.  Only once I had done this, would the computer boot using the factory reset drive that HP provided.  I was then able to do a factory reset on the machine.

I suspect that if I had spent more time working on the partition table I probably could have made the drive bootable again - since all the data appeared to be intact.  But with my data safe, starting clean with a factory reset seemed like the safer plan.

HP Recommended

That's certainly progress! HP's latest solution for me is to send me yet another recovery flash drive. I feel it's the very definition of insanity...repeating the same steps over and over and expecting a different result. HP did finally say that they would issue a repair order if the next recovery drive doesn't work. 

How did you recreate the partition table on the drive? Is that something you can provide detailed steps for? I'm resigned to the fact that a factory reset is needed, but that can't happen until the drive is bootable. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.