Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-bp060na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

20210814_000316.jpg

 Hello. I've tried to reinstall windows from a bootable USB and by the end of the process a error came up. At the second attempt seems like is only one partition 3.9GB. What can I do ? Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Those reports are indicating the drive has failed.

That seems to explain why there was only 3.9 GB left.

I recommend that you install a new drive.

You may want to consider replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

This drive provides the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Western Digital WDS500G2B0A WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA, 500 GB : Amazon.co.uk: Compu...

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

HP 14s Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized...

After you replace the drive, using another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Or you can clean install W10 with the installation media you made and install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP 14-bp000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs, your notebook comes with a 500 GB drive, so something is definitely not right.

Your screenshot shows one drive with 3.9 GB of unallocated space when it should be showing approximately 465 GB of unallocated drive space.

See if cleaning the drive gets any more space to show up.

Quit at about 5:02 into the video, after the disk has been cleaned.

How To Convert MBR to GPT During Windows Installation - YouTube

If you still end up with only 3.9 GB, most likely you need a new hard drive.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for the reply. Much appreciated. I've done all the steps but unfortunately not working. Now when I start it is even worse. Any ideas? 

20210822_051051.jpg

20210822_054302.jpg

20210822_055838.jpg

20210822_060744.jpg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Those reports are indicating the drive has failed.

That seems to explain why there was only 3.9 GB left.

I recommend that you install a new drive.

You may want to consider replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a 2.5" solid state drive (SSD).

This drive provides the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Western Digital WDS500G2B0A WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA, 500 GB : Amazon.co.uk: Compu...

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

HP 14s Laptop PC Maintenance and Service GuideIMPORTANT! This document is intended for HP authorized...

After you replace the drive, using another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

Or you can clean install W10 with the installation media you made and install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP 14-bp000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

I've replaced the hard drive and reinstalled windows. Everything running nice and smooth. Now...can you advise how to recover all the stuff I had on the old drive. One more time thank you for your help. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is no guarantee you can recover anything from the hard drive, but if you want to toss a few quid at it, buy a SATA to USB cable.

Plug one end into the failed hard drive and the other end into a working PC's USB port and see if you can read/copy any data from the hard drive to the PC.

iitrust USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter Cable for 2.5" SSD HDD Drives - SATA to USB 3.0 External Converter a...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.