05-18-2019 04:07 AM - last edited on 05-18-2019 08:28 AM by rick-s
I am cought in a loop and I keep getting to hit the f8 key for advanced boot but nothing happens
05-19-2019 12:41 PM
@Trinity2086, Welcome to HP Support Community!
Perform a hard reset
If the computer suddenly fails to start up properly, perform a hard reset as the first action. Performing the hard reset might correct many problems. If the computer still does not start properly, select your symptom from the list below to guide you to the recommended corrective actions.
Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and SD media cards.
Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain all residual power and restore default startup settings.
Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not insert the battery), press the Power button, look for glowing lights near the caps lock and num lock keys, and listen for sounds of a fan or other moving parts turning.
If the computer starts normally after performing a hard reset, you are done troubleshooting.
If the issue persists, try performing BIOS recovery. Refer to this document HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)
Also, run an extensive system diagnostic test from F2
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test.
5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test results for each component are shown on the screen.
6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.
Let me know the outcome.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee