Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is not turning on and seems mother board is having issue. Due to this laptop is not turning on.

Need to know process of repair as Warranty already expired.

Please suggest if I need to purchase warranty.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@shhnzr 

Unfortunately, there is no repair process because HP does not service products when the warranty is expired.

We are not able, or permitted, to provide any repair estimates or equipment prices.

For this information, you would need to contact an HP Repair or Service Center.

Since you live in the U.S., here is a link to the HP Service Repair Centers:
https://www.service-center-locator.com/hp-hewlett-packard/hp-hewlett-packard-service-center.htm

If that link does not provide you sufficient information, then use the main HP link:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true

I've found those links to be unreliable if you're using Win10 and the new Edge Browser; so if you are, you need to use something else, like FireFox.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Please provide way to extend or purchase Warranty.

HP Recommended

@shhnzr 

Sorry, but this is just self-help Community staffed mostly by volunteers and we are not authorized to deal with warranty, service or equipment replacement issues. For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi@shhnzr, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps no power issue:

Perform the below steps: 

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, 

you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue: 

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step) 

Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage 

Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector 

Start the computer using the battery only 

Check that the lid switch moves freely 

When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. 

If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery. 

If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board. 

If the LEDs blink, or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

How to purchase or Extend warranty on HP laptop?

HP Recommended

@shhnz, We suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the purchase of the extended warranty. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.