Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq precario cq42 135tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey gays 

I am having a issue with my laptop.1542041420154-888114201.jpg

Every time i turn on my laptop it comes to this screen and the screen lock window get's frozen. The mouse and keybord don't work. 

Please help. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Zd03

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, your notebook freezes on the login screen, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Does your notebook overheat?

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue:

Perform Hard Reset: Click here and follow steps. 

Run a Hardware Diagnostics System Quick Test

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) tool features a quick test that checks if main components are functioning properly. The test checks the processor, system board, hard drive, memory, and battery. it takes an average of 10 to 15 minutes to complete the test, depending on the system configuration.

1. Press and hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)screen displays.

3. Click System Tests, and then click Quick Test.

4. Click Run once, and then wait for the test results.

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello 

It worked fine in february this year.

I upgraded the windows 7 to windows 10 useing the upgrade tool provided by microsoft and i don't like windows 10 for that i recover it in window 7 after that this is happning.I have trayed to troubeshooting but it didn' worked.

My notebook doesn't over hit.

HP Recommended

Hi! @Zd03, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned your PC is stuck at the lock screen.

Try the steps recommended below.

Check if there are any external devices connected to the computer, if yes remove them and check.

Use Microsoft System Restore in Safe Mode

To restore your computer to a time before errors started occurring:

1. Press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts down (about 5 seconds).

2. Turn on the computer.

3. Press the F8 key repeatedly when the first screen displays.

4. From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Safe Mode, and press Enter.

When the Windows desktop displays, Safe Mode displays in the four corners of the screen.

5. Click Start , and type system restore in the Search box. In the search results, click System Restore.

If prompted, click OK on the User Account Control message to continue.

System Restore opens.

6. Select Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.

System Restore window with Choose a different restore point selected
  7. Select a date and time from the list of restore points that matches a date and time before the computer stopped responding.

System Restore window with a date selected
  8. Click Next.

The Confirm your restore point window displays.

9. Click Finish, and then click Yes.

The computer restarts automatically after the restoration completes.

Refer this article to know more information about computer freezing issues. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Mr Robot

I have tried to go to the safe mode , but the same thing hapend in  safe mode. The screen frozes.

HP Recommended

@Zd03, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue persists on the safe mode.

Did you try running a system diagnostics test on your PC?

Try performing a complete system recovery and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery on your PC. Click Here

Also, please try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.