cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

How to boot from flashdrive

HP Recommended
4pf65la#ABM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to start with flashdrive?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,164 18,124 779 846
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robert162

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn on the computer, and insert the USB flash drive into a USB port.

2. Press and hold the power button turn off the computer.

3. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, USB recovery flash drive, or power cord.

4. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

Image of Startup Menu

5. Press F9 to open the Boot Device Options menu.

6. Use the up or down arrow key to select the USB flash drive, and then press Enter.

note:If you cannot select the USB flash drive from the Boot Menu, disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Mode in BIOS. For detailed instructions, see the Disabling Secure Boot on a notebook computer (Windows 10) section in this document.
  7. A window might display, prompting you to choose whether to run Recovery Manager from the hard disk or from the USB drive inserted. If this window displays, select Run program from media, and then click Next.

Image of Run program from media selected

8. Follow the on-screen instructions to back up your data and recover your computer.

9. Once the recovery and setup are complete, turn off the computer, reconnect all devices and cables, and then turn on the computer.

10. Before using the computer, update and protect your computer. Reinstall any virus and security software that was installed before the system recovery.

11. Reinstall any software programs that were added after purchasing the computer, as well as any files that were backed up.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation