Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp 15-ay052nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought my laptop yesterday and i installed a new update( i dont know which one) when i restarted it (update installation succesfully) then this error has appeared

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1(build 083)

Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents:

US6,570,884,  US6, 115,776,  and  US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.38 (06/16/15)

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key 

when i press any key same error appears again, help me how should i configure my bios settings to make this work (to start correctly my operating system)

Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NIsmaili

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

From your description, it looks like your default boot settings got changed to boot from the network -- PXE booting.

You simply need to go into the BIOS settings and change them to boot from your local drive.

When you press the Esc key repeatedly while booting, you should see an HP Startup Menu similar to the one below:

HP Startup Menu.jpg

Press the key that will bring up the BIOS/UEFI setup option, once there, change your boot to the local drive.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NIsmaili

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

From your description, it looks like your default boot settings got changed to boot from the network -- PXE booting.

You simply need to go into the BIOS settings and change them to boot from your local drive.

When you press the Esc key repeatedly while booting, you should see an HP Startup Menu similar to the one below:

HP Startup Menu.jpg

Press the key that will bring up the BIOS/UEFI setup option, once there, change your boot to the local drive.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.