Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP stream 14 notebook 14-ax030ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I managed to successfully install an Nvme SSD via a m.2 to a-key wifi port adapter on my HP stream 14 and windows 10 recognizes the drive. I did this to try to overcome the limitations of the extremely low storage space on the integrated SSD of only 32gb which makes life very difficult to even keep updating Windows. The problem i am now having is that the BIOS does not seem to recognize this drive as a potential boot device so i cannot change the boot order to the load the OS from this new drive. Does anyone have a solution for this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DoodyThe I'm afraid HP neither supports not recommends making such hardware changes to the device, that said, you may make use of the HP recovery media,
If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Once done, the device may boot from the new SSD from the wifi m.2 SSD slot.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi DoodyThe,

I was looking for upgrade the internal storage of my stream 14-ax014nf. In my research I found a lot of information that contradict each other. Like you, I would like to replace the wifi card with an ssd & use a wifi key.

Could you give me a link on the products you had used. Could you confirm that the ssd is functional once connected instead of the wifi card? Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.