01-21-2019 05:43 AM
While troubleshooting a client's laptop, I manage to run the built in diagnostic tools and find a hard drive test that fails. I am presented a Failure ID and Product ID. Where can these codes be looked up? If I have to make a phone call and speak to someone to gain any help, I will not be pleased. Why not make a database of failure codes that can be looked up directliy? I think it would make us all happier. Can anyone provide me with a link or something?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-21-2019 05:46 AM
See the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
11-25-2019 09:06 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!