Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au020wm (ENERGY
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

How can I remove  the "Enter Administrator Password or Power on Password

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My lap top is asking for Enter Admin password or Power on Password It has given me the following - System Disable i54896288

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @Almadulce, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand your laptop is locked with Administrator or power on password.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

The power-on password prevents anyone from starting the computer until they enter the proper password. With the power-on password enabled, the screen remains black, and you are prompted to enter a password as soon as you turn on the computer. The power-on password is set (enabled or disabled) in the System BIOS option window. By default, the power-on password is turned off.

If you have tried entering the password more than 3 times the password will get locked and you have to contact HP support for service options.

However, You can try the following code and check if it helps.

If the issue persists please contact HP.

Link to contact HP.

Also, Refer this article to know more information about power on passwords.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! Smiley Happy

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know the password but I don't want to have to do this everytime. I am the one that set it up a while back because I was having other issues.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Please help to remove administrator password 

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

This topic is going to be locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.