10-27-2017 08:00 AM
hello hp community I am stuck in this problem I bought this Elitebook 8570w but its bios is password protected and no one has answered this question how to remove it, I have searched the web but after a month I didn`t get any result for this. make sure I have tried Biosconfigutility but nothing happened there is an error "Unable to process command. Password is set, but no password file is provided".
NOTE: 1. Make sure I don`t want to change any hardware.
2. I can`t change boot order using Biosconfigutility my boot order is
Notebook Upgrade Bay
Notebook Hard Drive
any solution would be appreciated
10-27-2017 01:56 PM
Enter the incorrect password THREE times.
After you do, a numeric code will be displayed.
Post that code here.
One of the "experts" on this forum will use that code to tell you a different password that you will need to enter.
Once you have entered BIOS SETUP mode, set a new password.
01-03-2018 07:06 AM - edited 01-03-2018 10:00 AM
Your situation is not simple, so be patient during the answer arrives (which is not guaranteed).
Nowadays business series notebook pc's has tougher security protection, error code not necessarily exists / help.
Hopefully the this link will give you some helpful advices.
Anyway as a temporary solution, boot order can be modified dynamicaly on startup via F9 boot menu. You can read about dynamic and static boot order eg. in this manual.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)