Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)

How to remove Bios Password for Elitebook 8570w

Product Name: Elitebook 8570w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello hp community I am stuck in this problem I bought this Elitebook 8570w but its bios is password protected and no one has answered this question how to remove it, I have searched the web but after a month I didn`t get any result for this. make sure I have tried Biosconfigutility but nothing happened there is an error "Unable to process command. Password is set, but no password file is provided".

NOTE: 1. Make sure I don`t want to change any hardware.

2. I can`t change boot order using Biosconfigutility  my boot order is 

Notebook Upgrade Bay
Notebook Hard Drive

USB Floppy

any solution would be appreciated

Associate Dean
Message 2 of 3 (479 Views)

Re: How to remove Bios Password for Elitebook 8570w

Enter the incorrect password THREE times.

After you do, a numeric code will be displayed.

Post that code here.

One of the "experts" on this forum will use that code to tell you a different password that you will need to enter.

Once you have entered BIOS SETUP mode, set a new password.

Highlighted
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)

Re: How to remove Bios Password for Elitebook 8570w

[ Edited ]

Greetings!

Your situation is not simple, so be patient during the answer arrives (which is not guaranteed).

Nowadays business series notebook pc's has tougher security protection, error code not necessarily exists / help.
Hopefully the this link will give you some helpful advices.

Anyway as a temporary solution, boot order can be modified dynamicaly on startup via F9 boot menu. You can read about dynamic and static boot order eg. in this manual.

Best luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation